The Electronic Text Corpus of Sumerian Literature
Catalogues: by date | by number | in full
Website info: navigation help | site description | display conventions | recent changes
Project info: consolidated bibliography | about the project | credits and copyright | links
This composition: composite text
14. 1 line fragmentary
15-16. ...... flourish ...... your lord ate.
17-18. ...... grain all been eaten in the ...... field ....... How did you value the flourishing?
19-20. The idleness of a low-life causes losses; his shying away (?) from work is perpetual.
21-22. Employ a low-life -- fire him after half a day!
23. (cf. 6.1.26.c2) He who pays with high-valued silver negotiates a favourable position.
24. Your worthiness is the result of chance.
25-27. (cf. 6.2.3: UET 6/2 281) The quick one hid, the strong one fled; the talker got into the palace.
28-29. 2 lines fragmentary
30. 1 line fragmentary
31. Whenever there is excess, an axe remedies it!
32. The pits on the mounds will be levelled.
33. A slave entrusted with a burial will be negligent.
34. (cf. 6.1.03.88, 126.96.36.199) He who tosses his head will cross the river.
35-40. (cf. 188.8.131.52) Oh whirlwind (?), I dispatched you toward Agade. What did you accomplish in Agade? -- A misleading omen was given to him (i.e.
1. (= Alster 1997 p. 242 B rev. 1) 1 line fragmentary